Conservative radio personality Glenn Beck made a startling claim that his organization is being “blocked” by the State Department in their efforts to rescue Christians from the Taliban in Afghanistan.
Beck, in an interview with Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson, said his group, the Nazarene Fund, has been actively working to evacuate Christians and other at-risk refugees from the chaos in Afghanistan.
Specifically, he relayed a story about the organization having 500 Afghan Christians inside the Kabul airport hours before yesterday’s suicide attacks, only for the State Department to order them back outside the gates.
Beck went on to suggest some of those killed in the terror bombing may have been in that group.
“We believe that our State Department is directly responsible for what we believe were some of these people,” said Beck. “I don’t know how many survived.”
“The State Department has blocked us every step of the way,” he accused. “The State Department and the White House have been the biggest problem.”
Beck provided Fox News with a series of images showing ongoing rescue efforts by the Nazarene Fund.
He added that he had seen photos of bodies strewn throughout the same location where some of the Afghan Christians had been sent back outside the gate.
Aside from his story, however, there is currently no concrete evidence that the State Department ordered them back outside the gates, or if they did, that it wasn’t due to them violating some sort of protocol at the time.
“We haven’t really been able to move anybody for about 12 hours,” Beck said. “Our mission is now changing greatly.”
He added, “I believe what our government is doing now is out and out evil.”
A State Department spokesperson told the Catholic News Agency that “the U.S. government is not organizing private charter evacuation flights, nor is it endorsing claims by third parties of providing airport access in Kabul.”
A report surfaced Thursday that the State Department had been sending out letters to congressional offices warning them not to interfere in operations in Afghanistan.
Staff was being warned not to direct people toward the Kabul airport in light of terror threats.
“All staff engaging in this type of uncoordinated messaging to people on the ground must cease due to the security situation,” a State Department message said according to Fox News.
Whether such a warning was also issued to Beck’s group has not been determined.
Fox reports that “multiple congressional offices” were planning to ignore the State Department’s warning citing the current situation involving refugees and Christians in Afghanistan as “an all hands on deck moment.”
Beck, meanwhile, has said his group has raised nearly $30 million to get Christians out of Afghanistan and vowed to continue fighting to get them to a safe haven.
“We will not forget those left behind,” he wrote in an Instagram post Thursday. “Our mission there gets tougher and more dangerous.”
Now is the time to support and share the sources you trust.
The Political Insider ranks #16 on Feedspot’s “Top 70 Conservative Political Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2021.”
During a hearing for the Congressional Oversight Committee regarding censorship by Twitter during the 2020…
By Brett Rowland (The Center Square) Slightly more than $1 out of every $5 distributed…
By Scott McLallen (The Center Square) Gov. Gretchen Whitmer proposed a $79 billion budget for…
By Bethany Blankley (The Center Square) Local and federal law enforcement officers are pushing back…
Rep. Byron Donalds has had it with Democrats attempting to continue painting Republican efforts to…
By Adam Andrzejewski for RealClearWire As part of the $1.7 trillion omnibus spending bill passed…