7. Termination and Suspension.Termination. This Agreement may be terminated by either party at any time, in that party’s sole discretion. You may terminate your Account on the Website at any time, for any reason, by emailing [email protected], Subject: Terminate My Account. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason: (1) all rights and subscriptions granted to You under this Agreement will terminate; (2) You will immediately cease all use of and access to the Website (including, without limitation, all Content You obtained prior to termination); and (3) TPI may delete Your Account and any of Your Submissions (as defined below) held by TPI at any time. Sections 4 (Proprietary Rights), 6 (Submissions), 8 (Disclaimer), 9 (Limitation of Liability), 10 (Indemnification), 12 (Data Privacy), 13 (Notice), 14 (Governing Law) and 15 (Miscellaneous) will survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
The Website provides an opportunity for community interaction, and certain community standards apply to any Submissions to the Platform. Please review these standards. They will help you understand what type of expression is acceptable on the Platform, and what may be the basis for termination of this Agreement and your access to the Platform. Submissions that fall under the following categories will not be tolerated, and may lead to your Account being suspended or terminated.
- Violence and Threats
- Threats or depictions of Self-Harm
- Bullying and harassment
- Nudity and pornography
- Phishing and Spam
- Intellectual property that does not belong to you
Suspension. Without limiting TPI’s right to terminate this Agreement, TPI may also suspend Your access to Your Account and the Website or Content (including Your Submissions), with or without notice to You, upon any actual, threatened, or suspected breach of this Agreement or applicable law or upon any other conduct deemed by TPI to be inappropriate or detrimental to the Website, TPI, or any other TPI customer or user.
8. Disclaimer.The Website, Content and TPI services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. All warranties, whether express or implied are disclaimed to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law (including, but not limited to, the disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property and/or fitness for a particular purpose). In particular, but not as a limitation thereof, TPI makes no warranty that: (A) the Website, Content and/or TPI services will meet your requirements; (B) the Website, Content and/or TPI services, will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; or (C) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Website, Content and/or TPI services will be accurate or reliable. The Website, Content and/or TPI services may contain bugs, errors, problems or other limitations. We will not be liable for the availability of the underlying internet connection associated with the Website. We hereby disclaim any and all liability for harm resulting from downloading or accessing any content through the Website including, without limitation, for harm cause by viruses, worms, trojan houses or other similar devices. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from TPI or through or from the Website, Content and/or TPI services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this agreement.
9. Limitation of Liability.You understand and agree, to the fullest extent permissible by law, neither we nor any affiliate, successor or assignee, nor any of our or their officers, directors, trustees, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, advertisers or promotional partners shall be liable for any claim, loss or damage, direct or indirect, including, without limitation, compensatory, consequential, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever in connection with, as a result of, or arising from: (i) your use or inability to use the Website, Content and/or TPI services, or (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any problem(s) with the goods, content and/or services purchased or obtained from the website, or transactions entered into, through or from the Website, regardless of the form of action, legal theory or basis of any claim, whether or not any party has been advised of the possibility of damages. If any limitation of remedy, damages or liability is prohibited or restricted by law, we are entitled to the maximum disclaimers and limitations permitted under this agreement, at law and in equity; however, in no event shall our liability to you for damages or otherwise and your remedy will be equal to the amounts you paid, if any, even if you claim that remedy fails of its essential purpose some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or certain limitations on damages and remedies, so some of these exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
If you have a dispute with us or are dissatisfied with our service or your agreement with us, termination of your use of the Website and TPI services is your sole right and exclusive remedy, even if that right or remedy is deemed to fail of its essential purpose. You agree we have no other obligation, liability or responsibility to you or any other party. Under no circumstances do we have any obligation to refund any monies you paid us.
10. Indemnification.You agree to defend and indemnify us and any of our affiliates, as well as our and their officers, directors, trustees, employees, agents, licensors, representatives and advertisers against any and all demands, claims and actions (including, without limitation, any claim you improperly downloaded, used, encoded, decoded, compressed, copied, displayed, broadcast, adapted, accessed, exported or transmitted any Content) (“Claims”). You also agree to hold us harmless from and against all losses, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from your breach or violation of this Agreement or arising from or associated with any Post, Content, messages or materials you submit or otherwise make available or your violation of any law or regulation or infringement, misappropriation or violation of the rights of any other party. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any such Claims and all negotiations for their settlement or compromise and you agree to fully cooperate with us.
11. Third Party Websites.The Website may provide links to other Internet websites and/or resources. Because TPI has no control over such third-party websites and/or resources, you hereby acknowledge and agree that TPI is not responsible for the availability of such third party websites and/or resources. Furthermore, we do not endorse, and is not responsible or liable for, any terms and conditions, privacy policies, content, advertising, services, products and/or other materials at or available from such third party websites or resources, or for any damages and/or losses arising therefrom.
13. Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), all notifications of claimed copyright infringement of Content on our Service should be sent ONLY to our Designated Agent.
Written notification of copyright infringement must be submitted to our Designated Agent:
The Political Insider LLC
1818 Library Street
Reston, VA 20190
Phone: (571) 267-2650
Your Notification of claimed infringement must include substantially the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that you claim has (or have) been infringed; (3) a description of the material that you claim is infringing, and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the page of the website where it is lawfully found; the name, edition and pages of a book from which an excerpt was copied, etc.); (4) a clear description of where the infringing material is located on our website, including as applicable its URL, so that we can locate the material; (5) your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address; (6) a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (7) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
SENDING US A COUNTER NOTICE IF YOUR POSTING WAS REMOVED BUT YOU BELIEVE IT IS NOT INFRINGING
If you posted material that was removed in response to a notice of infringement and you believe the material was removed due to mistake or misidentification, you may request us to replace the posting by sending us a counter notice to our Designated Agent as shown above.
Your counter-notice must be a written communication and must include substantially the following information: (1) your physical or electronic signature; (2) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled; (3) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and (4) your name, address, telephone number and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
When we receive a counter notice that complies with these requirements, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to restore the material that was removed after forwarding a copy of the counter notice to the person who sent the notice of infringement and waiting at least 10 business days for such person to respond.
14. Choice of Law.Your use of the Website and TPI services and this Agreement is governed and will be enforced under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia applicable to contracts made, executed and wholly performed in Virginia. You unconditionally and irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State and Federal Courts situated in the Commonwealth of Virginia and you will not object on the grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction, inconvenient forum or otherwise. Neither the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act nor the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods apply and their applicability is expressly excluded. You agree printed copies of any and all agreements and/or notices in electronic form are admissible in any legal or regulatory proceedings.
15. Miscellaneous.Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. TPI’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. Any cause of action which you may have with respect to the Website or TPI services must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred.
Questions. If you have any questions, please visit our Contact Us page.