Two Los Angeles men have been charged with voter fraud, after submitting around 8,000 voter applications for homeless people.
The plot was apparently designed to get one of the crooks elected mayor of Hawthorne, California.
Carlos Antonio DeBourbon Montenegro and Marcus Raul Arvelo were charged with 41 counts, including eight counts of voter fraud, four counts of “procuring and offering a false forged instrument,” and four misdemeanors for “interfering with a prompt transfer of a completed affidavit.”
Montenegro also faces 10 additional charges of voter fraud, along with more counts of the previously mentioned crimes, and two counts of perjury.
Arvelo, 34, and Montenegro, 53, registered around 8,000 “fictitious, nonexistent or deceased” voters in an attempt to get Montenegro elected as Mayor of the city of Hawthorne in Los Angeles County. The mail-in ballots were then received at Montenegro’s home address, as well as three PO boxes.
Hawthorne has a population of 86,000, with 44,000 of those in the city registered to vote. This means the charged men would have increased the electorate of the city by around 20%.
Dean Logan, Los Angeles County’s top election official, said how this helped tip off the city to the scheme.
“I think that this is an example of how the system is supposed to work, that if you see something and something is suspect, you report it and we investigate it,” Logan said.
“In this case, it was stopped before any harm to the election could happen.”
If convicted, Montenegro could end up with a maximum of 15 years and 8 months in prison, while Arevalo could face 7 years.
The two Los Angeles men are not the only ones to have been engaging in alleged voter fraud in recent months.
The country is dealing with claims of fraud, uncounted votes weeks after the election, “found ballots” in Georgia, and other questions about our elections system.
In August, a New Jersey judge ruled that new elections must be held in the city of Patterson after the previous ones were “irreversibly tainted” by voter fraud.
Alex Mendez, who was running for city council, supposedly won the election, but an investigation caused 20% of ballots to be rejected, with Mendez and three other men, including a councilman, charged with the unauthorized possession of ballots and submitted voter applications for ineligible voters.
While in October, a Pennsylvania judge was charged with two misdemeanors relating to the tampering of ballots from a Democrat primary election in July.
Judge Everett Bickford claimed she she had simply “darkened” the bubbles that some voters had chosen in their ballots.
An anonymous Democrat official also told the New York Post in August that he had been engaged in massive mail-in voting fraud for decades, and that voter fraud is “the rule rather than the exception” for mail-in ballots.
More recently in Nevada, a Clark County Commissioner race can’t be certified.
Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas announced on Wednesday that nearly a half-million Venezuelan illegal…
The supermodel Cindy Crawford is speaking out to slam Oprah Winfrey over a newly-surfaced 1986…
There appears to be no more room at the inn. New York Governor Kathy Hochul…
After years of going shamelessly woke, Disney appears to have finally admitted defeat in the…
The left-wing talking heads on television and social media love to bloviate on the strength…
Rupert Murdoch announced on Thursday that he will be stepping down as the chairman of…