The Washington Post reported that Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway told President Donald Trump Sunday night that she would be leaving his administration at the end of the month.
“Conway informed Trump of her decision Sunday night in the Oval Office,” reported The Washington Post. Her Never Trump husband George Conway is also making new plans.
“Her husband George T. Conway III, a conservative lawyer and outspoken critic of the president, is also stepping back from his role on the Lincoln Project, an outside group of Republicans devoted to defeating Trump in November,” Washington Post noted.
“He will also take a hiatus from Twitter, the venue he has often used to attack the president,” WaPo added.
Conway led Trump’s successful 2016 presidential campaign and was the first woman to reach such a victory.
Mrs. Conway said in a statement that while she and husband George “disagree about plenty,” they are united on what matters most: “the kids.”
“The past four years have allowed me blessings beyond compare as a part of history on Election Night 2016 and as Senior Counselor to the President,” Kellyanne Conway’s statement read. “It’s been heady. It’s been humbling.”
“I am deeply grateful to the President for this honor, and to the First Lady, the Vice President and Mrs. Pence, my colleagues in the White House and the Administration, and the countless people who supported me and my work,” she added.
Conway continued, “As many convention speakers will demonstrate this week, President Trump’s leadership has had a measurable, positive impact on the peace and prosperity of the nation, and on millions of Americans who feel forgotten no more.”
“The incredible men, women and children we’ve met along the way have reaffirmed my later-in-life experience that public service can be meaningful and consequential,” her statement continued. “For all of its political differences and cultural cleavages, this is a beautiful country filled with amazing people. The promise of America belongs to us all.”
Conway announced, “I will be transitioning from the White House at the end of this month. George is also making changes. We disagree about plenty but we are united on what matters most: the kids.”
“Our four children are teens and ‘tweens starting a new academic year, in middle school and high school, remotely from home for at least a few months,” she wrote. “As millions of parents nationwide know, kids ‘doing school from, home’ requires a level of attention and vigilance that is as unusual as these times.”
“This is completely my choice and my voice,” Conway summed up her decision. “In time, I will announce future plans.”
“For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama,” she finished.
George Conway confirmed what his wife said about his own plans with a tweet.
“So I’m withdrawing from @ProjectLincoln to devote more time to family matters,” Mr. Conway tweeted. “And I’ll be taking a Twitter hiatus.”
“Needless to say, I continue to support the Lincoln Project and its mission. Passionately.”
The Never Trump Lincoln Project has continued to produce a number of ads targeting the President throughout the 2020 election.
The transgender "Jeopardy! champion Amy Schneider is defending sex change procedures for children, describing them…
The former President Donald Trump spoke out over the weekend to give his thoughts on…
Last week, we reported that police had been called to the home of the singer…
Another day, another episode of "This is Why Republicans Can't Have Nice Things." Reports have…
Want to watch a history flick but you're struggling to think of some that are…
The liberal California Senator Dianne Feinstein died on Friday at the age of 90. Now,…