On Saturday, rioting, looting, and arson again engulfed many American cities, as Antifa and Democrat-led thugs use the killing of George Floyd while under police custody as an excuse to rob, steal, set fires, and destroy private and public property. President Donald Trump condemned both the Floyd killing and the riots, and offered federal assistance to overwhelmed jurisdictions confronting chaos.
Democrat mayors across the country, as the riots are taking place almost exclusively in Democrat-run cities, are siding with the rioters who are burning down their own cities. The Biden campaign and Hollywood are also siding with the vicious thugs who are torching the U.S. Here are reports from across the nation:
- In Brooklyn, NY, 200 people were arrested and numerous officers were hurt.
- Beverly Hills, CA, suffered when shops on Rodeo Drive were looted, as a crowd of more than 2,000 rioters chanted “Eat the rich!”
- While in New York City, a woman was charged with attempted murder after allegedly throwing a Molotov cocktail into a car in Brooklyn. All in the name of…justice?
- California Governor Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency for Los Angeles County, as looters targeted posh stores and clashed with law enforcement.
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot imposed a curfew from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. after many rioters gathered at Federal Plaza for a demonstration led by Black Lives Matter. Police cars were set on fire and covered with anti-cop graffiti. Again, BLM pokes its ugly snout through the haze of a riot.
- Some 13 Philadelphia cops were hurt and a dozen people arrested, as cars were burned and businesses vandalized. Mayor Jim Kenney directed a mandatory citywide curfew starting at 8 p.m. and lasting until 6 a.m. Sunday.
- In Denver, a car rammed into a police vehicle, severely injuring three officers and a civilian. Rioters armed with crowbars, baseball bats, assault rifles and handguns attacked cops and peaceful protesters. That is not a protest. It is insurrection.
- Washington state Governor Jay Inslee activated 200 National Guard members after “peaceful” rioting in Seattle turned not so peaceful.
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed called for a curfew until 5 a.m. local time and requested that California National Guard be placed on standby.
- The National Guard deployed to Salt Lake City, UT, after protests turned increasingly violent.
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced a curfew starting at 9 p.m. Saturday.
- In Washington, DC, rioters and thugs gathered outside the White House, some climbing on top of Secret Service vehicles. They should have been more than eased down by the scruff of their necks.
The president is defending law and order and condemning the apparently coordinated riots, looting, and arson spread across the U.S.: “The memory of Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists,” Trump said, blaming “Antifa and other radical left-wing groups for terrorizing the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses and burning down buildings.”
"The death of George Floyd on the streets of Minneapolis was a grave tragedy. It should never have happened. It has filled Americans all over the country with horror, anger, and grief." pic.twitter.com/lirAMSv4Wo
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) May 30, 2020
He praised the Secret Service’s actions in defending the White House by warning that protesters would “…have been greeted with the most vicious dogs, and most ominous weapons,” had they crossed into White House grounds.
….good practice.” As you saw last night, they were very cool & very professional. Never let it get out of hand. Thank you! On the bad side, the D.C. Mayor, @MurielBowser, who is always looking for money & help, wouldn’t let the D.C. Police get involved. “Not their job.” Nice!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2020
In a tweet on Saturday, the president also said: “Liberal Governors and Mayors must get MUCH tougher or the Federal Government will step in and do what has to be done, and that includes using the unlimited power of our Military.”
Crossing State lines to incite violence is a FEDERAL CRIME! Liberal Governors and Mayors must get MUCH tougher or the Federal Government will step in and do what has to be done, and that includes using the unlimited power of our Military and many arrests. Thank you!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2020
The situation is likely to continue to escalate and spiral more out of control, as Democrat mayors are loathe to protect average citizens and businesses against the violent vermin who belong to their own Democrat voter base.
This piece was written by David Kamioner on May 31, 2020. It originally appeared in LifeZette and is used by permission.
Read more at LifeZette:
Fauci backtracks, admits second coronavirus wave may never happen: calls mask-wearing symbolic
Obama breaks his silence on George Floyd’s death: ‘Bigotry’ is ‘painfully, maddeningly normal’ in USA
CNN host Van Jones says white liberals who voted for Hillary Clinton are more dangerous than the KKK