Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel once famously said, “want a serious crisis to go to waste.” In the case of Maxine Waters, her motto is apparently, “never let an opportunity to call for impeachment go to waste.”
It’s clearly the first thing on her mind these days. Here’s just a minor (and I truly do mean minor) sample of the headlines she’s generated this year:
- “Jumping the gun? Rep. Waters floats Trump impeachment as Dems vow boycott” – January 17th, 2017 (before the inauguration)
- “Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters says President Trump is ‘leading himself to impeachment'” – February 6th, 2017
- Tweeted “Get ready for Impeachment” – March 17th, 2017
- “Maxine Waters: ‘I will fight every day’ until Trump is impeached” – April 15th, 2017
- “Waters: ‘We don’t have to think impeachment is out of our reach’” – May 16th, 2017
- “Rep. Maxine Waters Leads ‘Impeach 45’ Chant, Keeps Town Hall Protesters Out” – June 26th, 2017
- Maxine Waters: Mike Pence is planning his inauguration – July 30th, 2017
- “Maxine Waters Isn’t Running for President, She Just Wants Trump’s Impeachment” – August 4th, 2017
- Trump Colluded With Russia and Will Be Impeached, Says Maxine Waters” – September 23rd, 2017
So we’re all caught up….. sort of. There were dozens I could’ve picked for the list, but I figured one per month would give you a clear enough picture of where she stands. Rep. Waters certainly isn’t afraid to express her opinion in any social setting, even going as far as to call for impeachment during a speech at the MTV Movie and TV awards.
And it’s still just another day, another call for impeachment. And where did she manage to give her latest call to end the Trump “regime”? At an AIDS walk.
Yes, that’s right. An AIDS walk.
As the Daily Caller reported, “just three minutes into her speech during the supposedly nonpolitical event’s opening ceremony, Waters repeatedly brought up politics and her desire to remove Trump from office.”
Here’s what Waters aid: “We face unprecedented challenges today in our struggle against HIV and AIDS and I want you to know those people in Congress on the opposite side of the aisle from me control every branch of our federal government. And we have, unfortunately, an unstable, erratic person in the White House.”
She continued: “We don’t know what this president will do, or say, or tweet from one day to the next. Don’t forget, this is not a political event, but I’m heading toward impeachment.”
Support Conservative Voices!
Sign up to receive the latest political news, insight, and commentary delivered directly to your inbox.
Here’s the full video of her remarks:
This was disgusting opportunism. Waters should be ashamed, though I doubt she even knows how to feel that emotion.
Share if you’re sick and tired of Maxine Waters screaming for impeachment!
Read this Next on ThePoliticalInsider.comGeorge W. Bush Comes Out Swinging Against President Trump