We Know Donald Trump Loves America But His New Immigration Policy Specifics Are Outstanding!
Donald Trump often takes a lot of heat for lacking specifics when it comes to his stated positions. Especially when it comes to immigration reform — an issue that helped catapult him to front-runner status — but those days are behind him.
Over the weekend, Trump’s campaign team published an immigration reform plan that is sure to shock the establishment to its core. The plan builds on 17 policy points, all of which are explained in detail on the official page.
There isn’t American who has any reason not 2 vote for Donald Trump now. Immigration policy is thing of beauty! https://t.co/g2RWm61F5a
— Wayne Allyn Root (@WayneRoot) August 16, 2015
The first point is one he often gets pushback on. Trump is not only standing by his claim to want Mexico to pay for a wall, but he also designed his first policy point on the concept.
Here are Donald Trump’s three core principles of immigration reform:
1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.
2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.
3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.
The full list is below, but it’s well worth finding some time to read through the explanation for each point. There is a lot to consider here, but on the face of it I have to say, I like what I see.
- Make Mexico pay for the wall
- Defend the laws and Constitution of the United States
- Triple the number of ICE officers
- Nationwide e-verify
- Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs
- The requirement to hire American workers first
- End welfare abuse
- Jobs program for inner city youth
- Refugee program for American children
- Immigration moderation
- Mandatory return of all criminal aliens
- Detention—not catch-and-release
- Defund sanctuary cities
- Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa
- Cooperate with local gang task forces
- End birthright citizenship
Check out what Twitter warriors had to say about these points:
— DeShawn Benedict (@AfricanEducated) August 17, 2015
— iPayMyJizyaWith.357 (@SonofLiberty357) August 17, 2015
The only thing I’d add to Trump’s position paper on immigration is to immediately deport all illegal aliens engaging in political activism — Lee Stranahan (@stranahan) August 17, 2015
Donald Trump Wins Praise From Experts With New Immigration Plan http://t.co/eu8U22a2Ci
— IrritatedWoman™ (@irritatedwoman) August 17, 2015
I kinda think we’re not arguing about Trump, except as a proxy to hide the actual debate over immigration and amnesty.
— Paolo_The_Wifehunter (@AceofSpadesHQ) August 17, 2015
TRUMP WILL BUILD A WALL, DEPORT THEM… http://t.co/YtUw13rFdb
— DRUDGE REPORT (@DRUDGE_REPORT) August 16, 2015
Whereby Trump explains how he’ll make Mexico pay for a wall. https://t.co/sv7zfRxagV
— S.E. Cupp (@secupp) August 16, 2015
Liberals are going to have their problem with Trump’s plan along with the GOP establishment detractors, but this time Trump delivered and Americans are happy to see something on paper to how he wants to make America great again.
What do you think about the plan? Are you happy with it? Leave your thoughts in the comment section and share this on your Twitter/Facebook wall for discussion.