President Trump Donates $25,000 To Father of Fallen U.S. Army Corporal

Dillon Baldridge

Last week the Washington Post reported that President Donald Trump failed to follow through on a promise he’d made to the father of a slain U.S. Army corporal earlier this year.

Farther Chris Baldridge told the Post that a few weeks after his 22-year-old son, Army Corporal Dillon Baldridge, was gunned down by an Afghan police officer on June 10th, he had a phone conversation with President Trump. Baldridge said he told Trump of “his struggle with the manner in which his son was killed,” and was promised $25,000 after telling the president about his frustration with the military’s survivor benefits program.

According to the Post, Trump said, “I’m going to write you a check out of my personal account for $25,000.” Baldridge said that he was floored, and couldn’t believe the promise. “No other president has ever done something like this,’ Trump reportedly said. ‘I’m going to do it.’”

The Post only picked up the story because Baldridge told them that he had not yet received a check. He said he did receive a condolence letter from the Administration, adding that he “opened it up and read it … hoping to see a check in there.”

“I know it was kind of far-fetched thinking. But I was like, ‘Damn, no check.’ Just a letter saying ‘I’m sorry.’”

Shortly after the Post story appeared on the newspaper’s website last Wednesday, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said that a check was sent, but it was not made clear when that was.

Now, as of Monday, the check has been revealed:

The check also came accompanied with a note:

Boom!

President Trump delivers in full! Looks like the media has egg on its face again.

Share this story if you are proud of President Trump!

By Matt

Matt is the co-founder of Unbiased America and a freelance writer specializing in economics and politics. He’s been published... More about Matt

Mentioned in this article::