It wasn’t even a fair fight.
Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for Stormy Daniels, a porn star who has accused President Trump of paying her hush money over an alleged affair, appeared on Fox News with host Tucker Carlson.
He was no match for Carlson’s rapier wit.
In an often-times uncomfortable interview, Avenatti was run through a gauntlet of rapid fire takedowns as to his motivations for representing a porn star, his morals in doing so, and the creepy relationship he has with CNN.
The fireworks escalated when Avenatti asked if Tucker’s insults were a result of him having not viewed adult films. He immediately got roasted for the insinuation.
“Why don’t you show respect to my client and me, and stop calling us a porn star and a creepy porn lawyer,” Avenatti insisted. “If you’ve got that big of a problem with porn – do you have that big of a problem with porn? When was the last time you saw porn?”
“Oh, you busted me,” Carlson fired back. “Actually, I’m into humiliation porn. That’s why I watch you on CNN.”
Carlson clearly had a blast interviewing someone with absolutely no ability to intellectually deflect what he was getting slammed with.
Support Conservative Voices!
Sign up to receive the latest political news, insight, and commentary delivered directly to your inbox.
A serious man with a serious career representing a serious client may have received better treatment. As Avenatti is none of those things, the mockery didn’t end with Tucker’s beatdown.
The chyrons while Avenatti was being interviewed repeatedly flashed the description “creepy porn lawyer” on the screen.
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) September 14, 2018
Fox News trolling Avenatti in the Chyron throughout interview with Tucker. (Seriously “CPL?”) pic.twitter.com/Aw52hAv6wz
— Jon Passantino (@passantino) September 14, 2018
The Fox News host then went back to the CNN riffs asking, “So when (Stormy) wants to get your legal advice does she have to pretend to be a booker from CNN to get through to you?”
At one point over the summer, Avenatti appeared on the network 74 times over a 10-week timeframe.
During that period, the wife of contributor Errol Louis tweeted an image of host Don Lemon partying it up with the creepy porn lawyer.
It’s okay. I saved that deleted tweet of CNN hosts partying it up with Avenatti. Why would such a thing need to be deleted? pic.twitter.com/iutCtnwaxi
— Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) May 17, 2018
Avenatti recently announced he is quite serious about running for president as a Democrat.
“I am, I’m serious about it,” he said at the MTV Music Awards of all places. “I’m seriously looking at it.”
Ironically, that serious thought might be derailed by the fact that he is currently embroiled in a lawsuit with – you guessed it – a sex icon.
A poll by Quinnipiac University showed that 74 percent of voters didn’t have a clue about Avenatti and what he stands for. Of the remaining 26 percent, 12 said they approved while 14 showed their disapproval.
Perhaps the best humiliation porn will be watching him get absolutely roasted on the political stage.
Read this Next on ThePoliticalInsider.comDemocrats’ Desperate Attempt to Take Down Kavanaugh Fails