Shelby Talcott on November 17, 2019

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy sent a letter to ABC News demanding answers surrounding allegations that the network killed a 2015 story about dead alleged child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, journalist Megyn Kelly said Sunday.

ABC News has come under fire after Project Veritas released a video of anchor Amy Robach Nov. 5 complaining that the network killed her interview with Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre. The anchor said Buckingham Palace threatened ABC News after finding out Prince Andrew was a part of the story and added that she “had all of” the reporting years ago. (RELATED: Megyn Kelly Goes After The Media For Active Bias)

“I am deeply concerned that this victim, in search of justice, went to ABC News, provided information and an interview, and then ABC News chose to bury the truth,” the letter from Congress, signed by McCarthy, reads according to Kelly’s Instagram. She obtained an exclusive copy of the letter.

Congress’ letter includes a request for more information from the network, including that ABC News present Robach’s interview with Giuffre to them. The letter also asks if ABC News was ever given more evidence about Epstein in between the time of the 2015 interview and when Epstein was arrested.

“ABC News’s initial response and subsequent actions reveal their priority is to identify and hold accountable the individual who released the video to the public,” the letter continues. “We believe that uncovering the source of the information is incomparably less important than the possibility of exposing the source of a human trafficking operation.”

Was Jeffrey Epstein Murdered?

By voting, you agree to receive email communication from The Political Insider. Click HERE for more information.

By voting, you agree to receive email communication from The Political Insider. Click HERE for more information.

ABC News allegedly contacted CBS after the leaked video, believing that the person who had access to the video was now working out the outlet. Former ABC producer Ashley Bianco, 25, who was with CBS News for just four days, was fired after ABC executives allegedly informed CBS of the situation, journalist Yashar Ali previously reported.

Bianco denied having any involvement with leaking the video in an exclusive interview with Kelly Nov. 8. ABC News has been silent since the firing. After the leaked video, Robach walked back her comments and said that they did not have enough “sufficient evidence” to air the interview. ABC made a similar statement when the news broke, and later confirmed that it was actively looking for the person who leaked the video.

ABC News did not immediately answer a request for comment from the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Political Insider.