Earlier today the FBI arrested 56-year-old Cesar Sayoc in connection with the bombing scare that has targeted prominent liberals. Given the breaking nature of the story, little details are still known about Mr. Soyac, but here’s what we know so far.
1. His Van Was Covered in Political Stickers, and Sayoc is a Registered Republican
A twitter user spotted Sayoc’s van days ago and photographed it. It’s the clearest picture of his van to date, and shows targets on various liberal figures.
MORE: Image taken at earlier date shows white van covered in decals of Pres. Trump, targets over the likenesses of Hillary Clinton, former Pres. Obama, filmmaker Michael Moore; it’s believed to be same van at scene of suspect’s arrest in Plantation, Fla. https://t.co/gsq71KV0gB pic.twitter.com/ysuk205JtT
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) October 26, 2018
According to online records, Sayoc registered as a Republican with the Florida GOP in 2016. While many commentators are reporting that Sayoc is “white,” he’s actually a Native American (the real kind, not the Elizabeth Warren).
2. He Has an Extensive Criminal History
According to Heavy.com, Sayoc has a criminal history dating back decades.
- In 1991 he was charged with third-degree grand theft, a felony. He pleaded guilty that same year and was sentenced to two years of probation.
- In 1994 his mother sought a domestic violence injunction against him.
- In 2002, he was charged with making a bomb threat in Dade County, Florida. He was sentenced to one year of probation.
- In 2004 he was arrested on drug charges. He was accused of possession and sale of steroids, along with possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, tampering with evidence, filing fraudulent tax returns, criminal use of personal ID info and possession or unlawful issue of a driver’s license. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 18 months of probation.
- In 2009, he was charged with operating without a valid license, not having insurance and not having a tag light and was fined after pleading guilty to the misdemeanor charges.
- In 2013, he was charged with battery and third-degree grand theft, a felony. He pleaded guilty in 2014 and was sentenced to probation.
- In 2014, he was arrested on a petit theft charge and violation of probation. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail.
3. His Twitter Account is Allegedly “Hardrock2016.”
The twitter account “hardrock2016” allegedly belongs to Sayoc.
Most of the tweets are incoherent. Below are just a few examples:
GoTrump WeUnconquered SeminoleTribe,Hard Rock,MillionsOf our customers,Vets,Current Serving,Seminole American Top TeamMMA,Stand cgreatest President ever shut the boarder down.This our land not theirs May10,1842our chief grandfatherSteve Osceola defeat Pres.John Tyler1,500 troops https://t.co/jgwBFtwMG1
— Julus Cesar Milan (@hardrockintlent) October 21, 2018
You biggest piece crap media TMZ , that were complete silent Obama separating kids . Shut your hole TMZ before u end like media slime Saudi Arabia. No one deserves it better than fake fraud Washington Amazin owned post . We Unconquered Seminole Tribe agree pic.twitter.com/k3KSuk6SHz
— Cesar Altieri (@hardrock2016) October 19, 2018
Go Republicans Red Wave Tsunami coming.We Unconquered Seminole Tribe,Hard Rock,Vets,Current,millions of our customers,Seminole American Top Team MMA,Say absolutely no way https://t.co/CfPTqEtWdS liberal left Hightaxes and Crime.Gillum can’t handle his own city Leon County Tal. Fl pic.twitter.com/6u95x7WGhg
— Cesar Altieri (@hardrock2016) October 10, 2018
Those are just his PG tweets. In a number of his recent posts he randomly tweeted photos of dead animals at public figures.
4. His LinkedIn Page Lists His Occupation as “Promotor,” Claims to Have a College Education
Sayoc’s LinkedIn lists his occupation as “Promotor, booking agent Live entertainment, owner, choreographer.” He’s listed as having graduated with a Bachelors of Arts from “Brevard College” and the “University of North Carolina.” He claims to hold a degree in “business, finance, economics, biology, veterinary medicine.”
His description of his college education is a word salad, writing that “Most surgeon use his [father’s] instruments which are patented. And a lot surgeon use today. Also Sayoc intl. schools marshals arts Kali that used to over throw communist party. Also one 5 Hero’s disciplinary my mother Madeline Sayoc Giardiello First president Pharmacy Cosmetic Association.”
For obvious reasons, Sayoc’s internet presence gives strong evidence of mental health problems.
It’s not yet known if Sayoc had other targets, but his terror is now over.