Hopefully, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel is recovering from the recent incident that left a distinct set of tire marks on his back. The White House just tossed him under the bus on the Bergdahl-for-Terrorists trade that a majority of Americans oppose.
Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel – not President Obama – executed the administration’s final call to proceed with the prisoner exchange of five ranking Taliban detainees for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, administration officials told Congress today in a classified briefing today.
“They indicated [it was] Secretary Hagel [who made the final call],” House Armed Services Chairman Buck McKeon, R-California, told reporters following the briefing Monday evening. “It was the president of the United States that came out [in the Rose Garden] with the Bergdahls and took all the credit and now that there’s been a little pushback he’s moving away from it and it’s Secretary Hagel?”
That’s right Mr. McKeon, the man who possesses a “backbone like a ramrod,” the man who made the “gutsy call” to kill Bin Laden, and the man who in his own mind, single-handedly executed that operation, couldn’t pull the trigger himself on the Bergdahl deal. It was Hagel’s fault.
Remember when the President used to claim that “the buck stops with me?” That, “Ultimately I’m responsible, I’m the president of the United States?” Apparently, neither does he.
Fear not Mr. Hagel, for you aren’t the first to get run over by the Obama bus, and you most certainly won’t be the last.
Here are 21 times the President has passed the buck on failures during his tenure…
- Obama’s IRS blames low-level employees in Cincinnati for Tea Party targeting scandal.
- Obama blames the Founding Fathers for gridlock in Congress.
- Obama blames Bush for Fast and Furious scandal.
- Blamed Bush for the VA scandal.
- Bush for the economy.
- Bush for the deficit.
- And Bush
- Blamed Texas and Florida for unaffordable health care costs.
- Obama blamed Congress for Solyndra.
- And the Chinese.
- Blamed Insurers for cancelled policies under Obamacare.
- He blamed the Secret Service for the cancellation of White House tours.
- Blamed Republicans for the BP oil spill.
- Sebelius went under the bus for Obamacare.
- Fox News was responsible for his many scandals.
- Blamed Reagan for a distrust of government.
- An unknown filmmaker was blamed for an unwatched YouTube video for the terrorist attack in Benghazi.
- The aforementioned Hagel blame game.
Support Conservative Voices!
Sign up to receive the latest political news, insight, and commentary delivered directly to your inbox.
Passing the buck during difficult times – and the administration has had many difficult times – is quickly becoming a hallmark of the Obama presidency.
Read this Next on ThePoliticalInsider.comMiss USA contestant conceived in rape: “I knew God put me here for a purpose”