The 7 Wildest Lies From Hillary Clinton
Normally, we’d like to focus on positive thoughts around the holiday season. But with Hillary Clinton very recently using the tragedy of 9/11 to justify her ties to Wall Street, especially when those ties were well-established before that day, we found it necessary to analyze some other lies told by the presidential hopeful.
Sure, paring down Clinton’s resume of lies and exaggerations is no easy task, but we decided to go with 7 to match the number of deadly sins, many of which the Clinton family is guilty of as well.
To get you in the mood for the following list, we asked rock legend Henry Rollins to share his thoughts on Mrs. Clinton. As a result, he wrote this song …
Okay, maybe not, but it certainly sets the tone for this list.
Anyway, away we go …
- Dead Broke – In an interview, Clinton stated that she “came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt.” Something even the left-leaning Politifact found to be false.
- Sniper Fire – During the 2008 campaign, Clinton said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia during the ’90s. She went so far as to claim her group ran “with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.” Video of her actual arrival surfaced showing a very calm scene instead, and the Democrat would quickly say she simply misspoke.
- Immigrant Grandparents – When discussing immigrant stories, Clinton asserted that “all my grandparents… came over here.” It was another story Politifact said was false, as only one of her grandparents was an immigrant.
- Sir Edmund Hillary – Seems Clinton can’t even bring herself to tell the truth about her own name. She claimed to be named after Sir Edmund Hillary, one of the first men to climb Mt. Everest. One small problem though, the explorer didn’t climb Everest until Clinton was 6 years old.
- The Few, The Proud, The Marines – Very recently, Clinton claimed to have been turned down by the Marines when she applied in 1975. Washington Post fact-checkers quickly realized the absurdity that a rising legal star at the time, and soon to be wife of Bill Clinton, would drop everything and ship off with the Marines. They gave her a couple of Pinocchios for her tall tale.
- Secret E-Mails – Former Secretary of State Clinton claimed her infamous private e-mail server was set up in “accordance with the rules and the regulations in effect.” A federal judge disagreed, saying Clinton “violated government policy” when she used a private server to store official State Department messages.
- Benghazi – Clearly the most reprehensible lie of them all – Clinton failed to tell the truth about a terrorist attack that killed four Americans in Benghazi. She claimed for weeks, standing over the flag-draped coffins of murdered Americans, that an insensitive YouTube video had incited the violence that occurred that night. Why? Because a terrorist attack on the anniversary of 9/11 – which it was – would have destroyed President Obama’s re-election chances. But hey, at the end of the day it’s worth it to Clinton to tell a politically expedient lie, so long as her party can stay in power.
After all, what difference does it make?
Comment: Does Hillary Clinton’s history of lying make a difference to you? Share your thoughts below.