Bill O’Reilly gave a candid interview with the Associated Press, and he broke his silence about the troubled future of Fox News Channel.

O’Reilly is speaking out, as he was fired from Fox News despite high ratings, due to sexual harassment allegations. He has repeatedly argued it was due to a coordinated, political smear attack against The O’Reilly Factor’s advisers.

Now, O’Reilly has been watching what’s been going on with Sean Hannity, who has been President Donald Trump’s top defender at the network. But with declining ratings and high-profile departures, O’Reilly believes Fox News couldn’t survive a Hannity departure.

This is a big deal:

Bill O’Reilly said on Tuesday that Fox News is unlikely to do away with host Sean Hannity, adding that the conservative network can’t “handle another shake-up” after his own ouster.

“It’s the same thing, the far left going after him, trying to get him off the air,” O’Reilly told The Associated Press in an interview. “I think Hannity will survive because I don’t know if Fox can handle another shake-up like that.”

O’Reilly was fired from Fox News last month after a New York Times report revealed that the network had paid about $13 million in legal settlements to five women who had accused the former “O’Reilly Factor” host of sexual harassment.

Meanwhile, Hannity has been busy on Twitter, defending shameless attacks from liberal hosts against his advertisers:

Are Sean Hannity's days at Fox News numbered?

By voting, you agree to receive email communication from The Political Insider. Click HERE for more information.

By voting, you agree to receive email communication from The Political Insider. Click HERE for more information.

Do you think Sean Hannity will remain at Fox News? Please leave us a comment (below) and tell us.

Read this Next on ThePoliticalInsider.com