Every recent Republican President has campaigned on a pro-life platform, but few have done anything to reduce abortions after taking office. It’s as if they’re pro-life – but only in theory. And with that note, it’s ironic that a man who was formally a New York Democrat has now done more as President for the pro-life cause than all other Republicans.
November is National Adoption Month, and President Trump is using it to encourage adoption over abortion. According to Life Site News, “President Donald Trump issued his second annual proclamation for National Adoption Month, hailing both adopting children and placing them for adoption as acts of love that enrich American society.” Trump said:
Adoption is a blessing for all involved. It provides needed relief to birth parents, who may not, for whatever reason, be in a position to raise a child. It fosters loving homes for children. It enables individuals to grow their families and share their love. And it fosters strong families, which are integral to ensuring strong communities and a resilient country. Adoption affirms the inherent value of human life and signals that every child – born or unborn – is wanted and loved. Children, regardless of race, sex, age, or disability, deserve a loving embrace into families they can call their own. This month, we honor the thousands of American families who have grown because of adoption.
Then he turned his attention towards viewing adoption as a viable alternative to abortion.
We appeal to families, communities, and houses of worship across our great Nation to help these children find a permanent home. I encourage all Americans to observe this month by helping children in need of a permanent home secure a more promising future with a forever family, so they may enter adulthood with the love and support we all deserve.
According to the federal data, there are currently over 400,000 children in foster care in the U.S., ranging from infants to 21-year-olds.
Trump’s Pro-Life Agenda
Trump has walked the walk when it comes to advancing a pro-life agenda. Thus far his achievements include:
- One of Trump’s first actions in office was to reinstate the Mexico City Policy, which bars US tax dollars from funding abortions overseas.
- Appointing two strongly pro-life Justices to the Supreme Court.
- Signing legislation allowing States to deny taxpayer dollars to institutions that provide abortions. In effect, this allows States to defund Planned Parenthood by denying them Medicaid dollars.
- Cut Planned Parenthood’s Title X funding.
- Defunding UNFPA, which has been complicit with China’s population control policies.
- Requiring healthcare plans to disclose whether or not they fund abortions.
And if you don’t believe me, listen to the liberals. “Trump is proving to be the most fearlessly pro-life president in history” read one headline over at the Washington Post. And if the liberals are willing to admit it, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.