President Barack Obama confirmed he will snub the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia this Saturday. Scalia was a major roadblock for many of Obama’s unconstitutional acts, and Obama is happy to no longer have him in his way.
This is unlike the last Supreme Court justice who died – Chief Justice William Rehnquist in 2005 – where President George W. Bush not only attended the entire service, he gave a eulogy.
Here is a list of other major funerals Obama has been “too busy” to attend…
- Chris Kyle – The Navy SEAL is the deadliest sniper in the modern history of America’s military. His story was recently turned into a box office hit movie, “American Sniper.” He was senselessly murdered at a gun range back in 2013. Not only did Obama skip the funeral, but he didn’t mention his passing at the State of the Union, which was on the same calendar day.
- Margaret Thatcher – The former Prime Minister of England, the “Iron Lady” passed away in 2013. She was a key figure during the Cold War and a leading ally of President Ronald Reagan. As The Heritage Foundation described, Obama sent “a low-level delegation similar in size and scope to the delegation sent to the funeral of Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez.”
- Major General Harold Greene – The highest ranking combat death since the Vietnam War, he was killed by an Afghan police officer in 2014. Greene was buried at Arlington National Cemetery, and yet the White House didn’t even release a statement on his untimely death.
- Zeinuti Onyango – Born in Kenya, President Barack Obama’s aunt died at the age of 61 in 2014. Obama was caught playing golf instead of attending.
- Ariel Sharon – The former Prime Minister of Israel, Sharon died in January of 2014. Obama has deeply-held anti-Israeli views and did not attend the funeral.
It’s not that President Obama doesn’t attend funerals. He did make time to attend the funerals for ex-KKK member Senator Robert Byrd (D-KY) and former South African President Nelson Mandela. But it’s clear that Obama is willing to play politics even during funerals. How pathetic!
Justice Scalia has been universally revered even by his enemies as a brilliant man. Here’s how fellow Justice Breyer describes him:
Please share this list of funerals Obama has skipped with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.