Mike Lindell, CEO of the popular MyPillow brand and a major supporter of Donald Trump, has announced that he will no longer run ads on the Fox News Channel after the cable station refused to run a promotional ad for one of his events.
The event reportedly centers around election fraud claims – which Fox apparently refuses to be associated with.
The Wall Street Journal reports that, while the ad itself does not specifically detail claims of election fraud, what the ad reportedly did say was that the event being advertised would support former President Donald Trump’s claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.
Lindell decided he would no longer do business with Fox, telling CNBC, “I pulled all of my ads. Every one,” Lindell said. “If there are any stragglers today, it’s a fluke.”
In emailed comments to CNBC, a Fox News Spokesman stated, “It’s unfortunate Mr. Lindell has chosen to pause his commercial time on FOX News given the level of success he’s experienced in building his brand through advertising on the number one cable news network.”
Lindell says that he spent roughly $50 million on ads with Fox News in 2020, and $19 million thus far in 2021.
In February, Dominion Voting Systems sued Lindell for defamation over his claims that the company was involved in election fraud. Dominion also sued Fox News, claiming the news channel had falsely claimed the Dominion machines had been tampered with.
Fox filed a motion to dismiss the Dominion suit, arguing that they did not initiate the claims about the company, only that they were reporting them.
Shortly following the lawsuits this year, several major corporations like Bed, Bath & Beyond and Kohl’s discontinued MyPillow products.
Of the loss of revenue from retail outlets, Lindell said, “We lost 40% of our business in January and February,” Lindell said. “I can’t get that back. I can only try.”
Fox News has been on the receiving end of some conservative ire for awhile now.
Their early calling of Arizona for Joe Biden, as the New York Times reported, “changed the tenor of the night.”
Disheartening behavior for loyal viewers of the network continued. In December, former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany held a press conference on potential election fraud that was abruptly cut short by Fox News Channel host Neil Cavuto.
Since the election, channels like One America News Network and Newsmax have seen big ratings jumps while Fox has seen declines.
Fox is still the top dog in the cable news business, but Deadline reported in June that they had seen significant decreases – as much as 37% in primetime.
Now is the time to support and share the sources you trust.
The Political Insider ranks #16 on Feedspot’s “Top 70 Conservative Political Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2021.”
Far-left Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) was taken to task by one of her Democrat colleagues…
On Thursday, former Fox News Channel host Megyn Kelly called bull on woke political correctness. During…
The late great Rush Limbaugh used to like to compare the World War II generation…
Two top officials at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have warned as many as…
Shelley Ross, a former executive producer at ABC News, has accused CNN's Chris Cuomo of…
The Democrat-led January 6 select committee investigating the Capitol riot issued subpoenas to four former…