Attorney Robert Barnes, who is representing students involved in the Covington Catholic media smear, has offered up his services for free to sue the New York Times for “obvious libel.”
Barnes’s fiery response to Times reporter Maggie Haberman should serve as a serious concern to the many journalists and media entities who rushed to judgment on the Covington kids.
The lawyer initially responded to Haberman on social media after she suggested that several of the boys in the video purportedly acting in a ‘racist’ manner should be expelled.
Barnes offered to represent the kids at no cost if they wanted to pursue a lawsuit against a prominent member of the mainstream media and the outlet she represents.
Should Barnes pursue every media entity, not just the Times, that falsely accused these kids of being racist, he’d have job security for quite some time.
Every major outlet used one out-of-context video clip to paint the kids as being racists, all for the crime of wearing MAGA hats to a March For Life demonstration.
Since then, other videos have thoroughly exonerated the students from the charges that were leveled against them.
While many have threatened over the past, Barnes’s actual call to action against the media resonated with many on social media who offered up services or funds of their own to aid in the lawsuit.
“I’ll happily help work the case for free as well. Evil needs to be stopped,” one person responded.
“Someone set up a GoFundme page and I’ll be the first check in,” another wrote. “This is, without hyperbole, evil. Time for us patriots to take back the narrative from the MSM/Dem liars and present truth.”
Barnes cited the infamous Gawker case in which Hulk Hogan was awarded $140 million in a lawsuit against the publication.
“All these people that have lied and libeled better be checking their bank accounts if they’re going to continue to lie and libel of these kids,” he said.
Barnes added that any media outlets who lied about the Covington kids had 48 hours to retract and delete their statements.
“If you have said anything false about these kids, they are willing to extend you a 48-hour time period — a period of grace, consistent with their Christian faith — for you to, through confessions, get redemption and retract and correct and apologize,” he said.
At the time of publication, Haberman has yet to retract her suggestion that the kids be expelled while the New York Times itself has only added a blurb to their column, stating, “interviews and additional video footage have offered a fuller picture of what happened in this encounter.”
It doesn’t end there.
Certifiable lunatic Kathy Griffin went on Twitter and tried doxxing the kids and by extension, making them victims of harassment and possible violence. That tweet is still published.
On Tuesday, ‘The View’ co-hosts Sunny Hostin and Joy Behar suggested that the Covington kids were to blame for the entire ordeal simply because they decided to wear MAGA hats.
“They had these political hats on and these outfits,” Hostin said. “Again where were the adults advising them that they can’t wear that?”
With Haberman, Griffin, ‘The View’ and countless other media outlets as potential targets for a lawsuit, Barnes will be plenty busy. Will they retract their lies before it’s too late?
The list of potential Republican presidential candidates for 2024 is growing faster than President Volodymyr…
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy defended Capitol Police officer Lieutenant Michael Byrd, who shot and killed…
By Adam Andrzejewski for RealClearPolicy Included in the $1.7 trillion omnibus package supported by Sen. Joe Manchin…
Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders is poised to sign a bill that will re-define drag…
Editor's note: In his first inaugural address, after the "Revolution of 1800," President Thomas Jefferson…
Donald Trump, the frontrunner for the Republican nomination for President in 2024, is calling for…