Not since the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 has CNN devoted as much time to a story as they have to the Trump/Russia collusion narrative.
An undercover report from Project Veritas in June of last year captured a producer at CNN admitting that the Trump/Russia story is “complete bulls***.” He also added that Trump is probably right to fight back against the media bias: “I just feel like they don’t really have it, but they want to keep digging. And so I think the President is probably right to say, like, look, you are witch hunting me, like, you have no smoking gun. You have no real proof.”
They haven’t stopped digging since, and they have yet to strike gold.
Back in October, Chris Cillizza declared President Donald Trump “bonkers” and “crazy” for suggesting what turned out to be 100 percent true: that the Democrats, Hillary Clinton, the FBI, and Russia, were all behind what is known as the “Russian dossier.”
“[I]t is deeply irresponsible for a president of the United States to even flirt with this sort of conspiracy talk,” the overwrought Cillizza wrote, adding, “[T]he idea that the Russians, the Democrats and the FBI co-funded a dossier designed to discredit Trump’s 2016 campaign is totally bonkers.”
What set Cillizza off on his fake news spree was an October 19, 2017, Trump tweet:
Workers of firm involved with the discredited and Fake Dossier take the 5th. Who paid for it, Russia, the FBI or the Dems (or all)?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 19, 2017
Thanks to congressional investigators (and no thanks to a media that has worked overtime to stop these facts from coming out), we now know that:
1) Some of the most salacious and discredited details in the dossier came from Russian operatives.
2) Democrats and the Hillary Clinton campaign paid millions of dollars for the phony dossier to Fusion GPS.
3) the FBI also funded the dossier by hiring its author, former-British spy Christopher Steele, who was determined to see Trump defeated in the presidential election.
4) Nellie Ohr, wife of former US Deputy Attorney Bruce Ohr, was employed by Fusion GPS to compile research for the dossier.
5) Nataliya Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in Trump Tower, met with Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson the day of and day after the Trump Tower meeting.
Didn’t CNN think for a second that the POTUS has access to just a bit more information than they do?
We don’t expect a retraction anytime soon.
Share this story with others to show them how terrible CNN is!