Friday is the annual March for Life, in which hundreds of thousands of pro-life activists descend on Washington, D.C. to mark the anniversary of the Roe v. Wade in 1974 that legalized abortion.
While in the past Presidents Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush have made remarks at the event remotely, Vice President Mike Pence will officially be the first sitting Vice President to appear at the event in person.
— LifeNews.com (@LifeNewsHQ) January 26, 2017
For years, the liberal media has routinely ignored the March for Life, offering it little if any coverage. For example, the Media Research Center found that ABC, CBS, and NBC covered this year’s anti-Trump women’s march 129x more than last year’s March for Life.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer hinted at Pence’s appearance when he told reporters on Tuesday that “obviously we’re going to have heavy administration presence there.”
The March for Life’s agenda also listed a “suprise VIP Guest TBA.”
Counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway is also scheduled to address the nation’s largest annual civil rights demonstration.
During the vice-presidential debate with Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) last October, Pence said that “for me, the sanctity of life proceeds out of the belief… where God says ‘before you were formed in the womb, I knew you’.”
He also attacked the practice of partial birth abortion, saying that “the very idea that a child that is almost born into the world could still have their life taken from them is just anathema to me.”
During an interview with ABC’s David Muir, which aired Wednesday night, President Trump blasted the liberal media for its refusal to cover the March for Life. While the left continues to obsess over the number of supporters who attended Trump’s inauguration, the president noted “You will have a very large crowd of people. I don’t know as large or larger. Some people said it will be larger. Pro-life people and they say the press doesn’t cover them.”
Conservatives took to Twitter to confirm Trump’s support of the March for Life:
Trump is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. The MSM ignores the March for Life.
— toddstarnes (@toddstarnes) January 26, 2017
— The Reagan Battalion (@ReaganBattalion) January 26, 2017
Isn’t it nice to have a President who mentions and advertises the March for Life right in front of the media?
— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) January 26, 2017
We are so glad to see an administration that vocally stands up for the March for Life. It is fantastic to see that Vice President Mike Pence is showing is support for the march by attending in person!
Are you happy that Vice President Pence will be attending this year’s March for Life? Will you be attending? Share your thoughts below!